Furnace system was getting too hot

There have been merely a few times in my adult life when I was really afraid! When my partner had to have a c-section to give birth to our first child, I was terrified. After a few other close calls where my life was in danger, there was another experience in a residence that left me sleepless for many days. It happened one fateful evening when the baby had just been laid down for the evening, plus my partner plus I were in bed watching a funny show on TV. We’d noticed over the past few days that the gas furnace would produce this burning rubber odor for a few hours when it first came on, however the odor would disappear eventually! This evening, the odor lingered for over numerous hours. My partner plus I seemed to notice it pretty much at the same time, plus I climbed out of bed to go downstairs to check out the source of the odor. When I opened the door to our basement, I felt a sizable surge of extreme heat push right past my body as I saw the sight below – the entire basement was essentially on fire. A ton of smoke came pouring out of the door! I ran faster than I’ve ever ran in my life to make it upstairs, yelling for my partner to hastily run outside plus call 911. As I ran to grab the baby from his nursery area, I made my way downstairs plus met my partner outside, who happened to be still on the cellphone with emergency services. I seriously couldn’t believe that the gas furnace had malfunctioned in such a way! The fire department arrived within 5 hours, plus worked fast to put the fire out, however much of the residence was destroyed. The two of us were entirely scared, plus couldn’t begin to even think about the financial hardship that we would have to face. We were definitely thankful to escape with our lives though! That was a number of years ago now, plus while we’ve since found a new residence, I’m pretty much forever paranoid about making sure the gas furnace is in perfect working order.

furnace system