During the month of July, we experienced some really terribly rainstorms. It caused a tremendous amount of damage and inconvenience. The high winds led to power outages, and the deluge of rain resulted in flooding. With no electric, we had no running water, lights, or air conditioning. Plus, the sump pump did not operate. This mean that my basement flooded, and my house was overheated and sticky. We couldn’t even open the windows because of the rain. It was impossible to get comfortable or sleep at night. I was constantly wet with sweat and was unable to even take a shower. The food in the refrigerator spoiled, and I found mold growing on the window sills and on the walls of the basement. The water in the basement ruined my washer and dryer, and resulted in damage to the furnace. I decided to take proactive measures to prevent that situation from happening again. I contacted my local HVAC contractor for help. He recommended that I invest in a standby generator. I was rather shocked at the cost of a standby generator, but decided that it was worth it. The flooding of the basement cost me a fortune and presented health risks. The standby generator is permanently installed and automatically starts up and provides electricity in the event of a power failure. Because it runs on natural gas, just like my furnace, it never needs to be refueled and can operate indefinitely. Now, if we should experience a power failure, my family will not be without lights, television, running water, air conditioning or the furnace.